ScreenWriters Exchange

IndustryCentral Advertising Program

Jet Truck 2 (c)
IndustryCentral ScreenWriters Exchange: Action/Adventure: Jet Truck 2 (c)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lady Sally Clack of Thulston (Lady) on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 05:40 am:

JET TRUCK 2 © Ė PG13
Written by: Lady Thulston and Lord Bromley
01144-1737-843011 (01737-843011) sally.clack@virgin.net
Att: Story Development

Jet Truck,
139 pages, action/adventure
Logline: DRUG WARS IN MIAMI HAVE BECOME BLOODIER THAN EVER
BEFORE AND AUTHORITIES HAVE ROGUE COPS TRADING WITH THE DANGEROUS CARTELS AND JET TRUCK HAS BEEN STOLEN BY ENGLISH HOODS, WHO ARE USING HER TO SETTLE THEIR OWN SCORES.

Home invasion has become very violent and dangerous in Miami. The FBI has rogue cops Trading with dangerous Colombian Drug Cartels. Miami is suffering from major Gang wars.
SALVATORE MARTINEZ has put a bounty on Jet Truck, for the capture of the Driver and the Truck. Britainís leading Hoods have been hired by Rogue British Police Officers to steal Jet Truck for the $1 Million bounty. The Plot twists as the British Hoods, decide to keep Jet Truck and, for a price, start to carry out contracts for the British gang, The Management. We see dangerous stunts and action.

Salvatore Martinez blames the failure to capture Jet Truck on another Drug Cartel BALI. A love affair starts between the daughter of Drug Baron Bali, MARIA and Martinez.
Unknown to SPENCER McVICAR, Maria Bali masquerading as Mary Rose is Baliís daughter. She has been sent to befriend him in order to find out about FBI Operations. He is later arrested for This relationship.

Harry Chapman is still working with the FBI as an undercover agent, but her marriage to Spencer Mcvicar has fallen apart. Her new FBI undercover partner is VINNIE ESPOSITO, a rogue officer involved in Operation Kara, which stands for the [ďKidnap and RansomĒ] of two wealthy Miami Businessmenís Kids. Harry tries to stop the operation, but finds herself involved in the bloodiest and most dangerous arrest ever in FBI History, on board a drug factory ship,
called The Lady High, which also gets caught in Hurricane Carla.
Vinnie Esposito is very violent towards her, and having overcome that, with the help of Charlie the driver of Jet Truck she is left to face alone Pirates trying to come aboard, to take possession of the wellknown shipfull of drugs. The situation is dangerous, bloody and out of control.

The British Hoods having caused unbelievable devastation to some Miamiís gangsters escape back to England with a lot of cash, Charlie is eventually reunited with Jet Truck and destroys the the drug gang. The Film ends with Harry and Spencer making up and Spencer proving that he was innocent of any collusion charges.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE SCRIPT? PLEASE CONTACT:
LADY THULSTON - REDGATE PROPERTIES LTD
4 LITTLE BOROUGH, BROCKHAM, BETCHWORTH SURREY RH3-7ND
PHONE 011-44-1737-843011 FAX 011-44-1737-844181
EMAIL mail{SALLY.CLACK@VIRGIN.NET,SALLY.CLACK@VIRGIN.NET}
(C) 2000 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Alan A. Armer (Alana) on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

MODERATOR ANALYSIS

JET TRUCK 2 by Lady Sally Clack
A potpouri of action and violence with intriguing characters. But so many of them that it becomes difficult to follow the storyline.

To begin, why is The Truck valuable? Because it goes fast? Would that make it such a prize that both national and international gangs would fight for its possession?

Three words that are guaranteed to help this story enormously. (Are you ready?) Simplify, simplify and simplify.

Concenrate on Harry. Or on Charlie (the truck driver.) To me, the most important aspect of any story is to get involved with the characters, to care about them, to root for them. As audience, we should BECOME the protagonist. (Forgive me for preaching about stuff you already know, Lady Clack.)

Because there are so many characters in 'Jet Truck 2,' all hot to get their hands on narcotics, ready to kill kidnap, pr become pirates, I find myself without any solid rooting position. I like very much that Harry and McVicar finally get back together. But in order to become meaningful, their story needs to be amplified. Does Harry really care about McVicar? How does she feel when he gets involved with adorable Maria Bali?

Three words to add to "Simplify, simplify, simplify." They are "Emotion, emotion, and emotion."

Much good luck to you, Lady Clack. I hope you sell both your screenplays and prove me totally wrong in my commentary!

Critique by
Alan A. Armer (nala456@aol.com)

Message or Comment

A valid username and password combination is required to post a storyline/synopsis or comment.
You may apply by clicking on the "My Profile" link.
Username:  
Password:

The Writers Store
Software, Books & Supplies for Writers & Filmmakers
-- WARNING --
Protect your work
The US Copyright Office
The US Copyright Office has Free Forms
Protect your work
Writers Guild of America
First Register your screenplay with the Writers Guild of America

Back  Home