ScreenWriters Exchange

IndustryCentral Advertising Program

Utopia
IndustryCentral ScreenWriters Exchange: Horror/Thriller: Utopia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dean M Drinkel (Dean) on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 10:48 am:

If there is a beginning perhaps it comes with the discovery of the body in the river. A child, mutilated beyond belief, limbs missing, decapitated. A child that no-one has reported missing, nor one whose body is claimed. But, someone remembered seeing a shadow down by the riverside a couple of nights ago.

Perhaps it comes with the dream, no, the nightmare. Jacob, a blind charlatan posing as a sidewalk pyschic, has a vision, something is coming. A shadow. A shadow that stalks the street at night, covers them in a dark cloud, watching and waiting but searching for something. Or someone.

Perhaps it comes with the father to be, who is convinced his pregnant wife is about to give birth to the devil. Ever since she said she'd seen a shadow at the window, she screams at night "let me out, let me out" in a voice that is not hers, not in a language she speaks. He has no choice but to silence her and kill the unborn baby.

However it begun it doesn't matter, all HE knows is, this vilence, this bloodshed has to end.

And who is HE?

HE is Alan Smith, a washed up junkie and alcoholic private investigator. He hasn't got time for all this spooky mumbo jumbo. He's been hired to find a killer and it doesn't matter how many witchdoctors, psychics, ghost hunters or Satanists try to ward him off, he's been paid to do a job and he's going to see it through.

For this is his city.
This is Utopia.

Message or Comment

A valid username and password combination is required to post a storyline/synopsis or comment.
You may apply by clicking on the "My Profile" link.
Username:  
Password:

The Writers Store
Software, Books & Supplies for Writers & Filmmakers
-- WARNING --
Protect your work
The US Copyright Office
The US Copyright Office has Free Forms
Protect your work
Writers Guild of America
First Register your screenplay with the Writers Guild of America

Back  Home